Blog Description

A gallery of sketches & artwork by Greg Chapman. All images are copyrighted to Greg Chapman or their respective copyright owners. It is illegal to copy, download, or reproduce any of the images without the written permission of the artist or copyright owner. Thank you for respecting these rights.

Thursday 30 May 2013

Good weather

As in ... I am hoping for some next week. What does that have to do with this picture? Nothing really. But posting about the weather on a blog would be a stretch without something interesting to look at. I painted this from a sketchbook doodle which originally resembled Hugh Hefner before I decided to shave his head. Sometime soon I'd like to post about the evolution which tends to occur when I paint from a sketch. They often change quite a bit during the process. In this case it went from looking something like Hugh in the sketchbook to resembling some kind of priest here in the painting. In this picture I hope he's praying for sunshine so his house gets built faster.


No comments:

Post a Comment